Thursday, May 27, 2010

The Queen of Happily Melancholy - Sally Seltmann

The Queen of Happily Melancholy - Sally Seltmann
Sally Seltmann was more Happily Melancholic as New Buffalo than as herself in her recent album, Heart That's Pounding. Mostly with her first album, The Last Beautiful Day, it was so full of happiness, sadness, isolation, and distant feeling that it was a purely happily melancholic album. New Buffalo is the only artist I know that has the most happily melancholic songs in one album.
Songs like, "Recovery", "It'll Be Alright", "Inside", and "While You're Away" are all happily melancholic songs to me. Practically half of the album was happily melancholic while the rest were melancholic love songs and lullabies.
She showcased her balancing skills again on "Cheer Me Up Thank You" and "Harmony To My Heartbeat" but right now I don't know if she's going to be bring back anymore Happily Melancholic songs for me.
But to me she'll still be the Queen of Happily Melancholy.

No comments:

Post a Comment