Thursday, March 18, 2010

Melancholy In Love Pt. IV: Algo Esta Cambiando [Something's Changing] by Julieta Venegas

Man, I don't know why I love the sounds of Julieta Venegas but she is winning my heart song by song. One of her songs, "Algo Esta Cambiando", is a great song about a relationship that is at first glance the same but if you look closely something's changing.
I love this song and I love this artist. I found out about Julieta Venegas from Nelly Furtado when she was on Furtado's song, "Baja Otro Luz [Under Another Light]". Hearing Furtado, Venegas, and La Mala Rodriguez singing, "El Color De Mi Vida Cambio Desde Que Tu Llegaste [The Color Of My Life Changed When You Arrived]" Back and forth like they were in a conversation was magical. It made the song a great one. If they collaborate again I'm buying the song, no questions asked. Anyways, moving on.....
Julieta Venegas treats her songs like children. You can just hear how much work has been put together for each song and Algo Esta Cambiando must have taken her weeks to put together. To make the song just right. The song itself is great to listen to.
I feel like I'm "in love" and then losing love when I listen to the song. Fading out of a relationship that was not working with me emotionally. I love that. I love how a song can take me and swoop me into a lovely story. It's great to hear songs like that.
All in All, I think this song is a great one, very close to a perfect song. For all music lovers out there if you love Perfect Pop you'll love Julieta Venegas. Especially the song, Algo Esta Cambiando. It's got a 97% out of 100% in the "Perfect Pop" Meter.
With vocalizing, hooks, and a chorus that'll echo in your head anytime anywhere, if America was very open to foreign music this song would top charts. But sadly that's not the case. Oh well, At least it top Latin Charts. Go on with your Spanish self Bonita!
While I listened to Julieta since January 2010, I've been having a lot of thought about what kind of music I like. I love so much music but I'm also picky at the same time. In middle school I thought I liked Indie Music but I don't. Cause the Decemberists piss me off and Vampire Weekend are annoying sometimes to me. And so on and so on.
I think that I like Pop.
Perfect Pop, not Popular Pop that sucks.
Good Pop that takes you and makes you want more.
Pop that's catchy.
Pop that tells a story.
Pop that takes you away.
Pop that makes people feel.
Pop that just makes you feel human.
I've explored through English, French, and Asian Pop since I was 8. I didn't know much about Latin Pop until 2009.
You know, I think that I wouldn't have explored Latin Pop Music if it wasn't for Nelly Furtado's 2009 album, Mi Plan. Also, I wouldn't have found out about Julieta Venegas without Furtado's help. Thank you, Nelly Furtado!
Here's Algo Esta Canbiando by Julieta Venegas
Official Website
Myspace
Facebook
Youtube
Twitter
Also, enjoy this beautifully done music video for the song.
Hope you like the song and the video.

Julieta Venegas - Algo Esta Cambiando from Coral Rucker on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment