Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Melancholy In Love Pt. V: Flood by Hurts to Purr


Come on, bring me a flood
Come on, bring me a code red warning
My baby and me need a tragedy
I like Hurts to Purr, but my favorite song from them is Flood. I love this song so much. It takes you and moves you, like the Sea. I think this song is what Melancholy In Love is all about.
Liz Pappademas's voice along with the melody arrangement of Tom Benton & Jeremy Bruch just makes Flood perfect. The lyrics are really saddening and each time when I listen to the song I think of rain on a normal dark spring day. Lying back on your bed thinking of so much that's making you feel down. This song hits me personally. Whenever I listen to it I'm taking away. It's just that good. I think if you love piano you'll love this song.
I don't really know what else to say for this song. It's too great to describe. If you've never really listened to music like this before it might not move you at first but give it time. You'll be swayed.

I can't believe I'd wish for so much suffering
But it's better than this nothing
Bring me anything, oh, to get my baby and me together again
Here's Flood by Hurts to Purr

CDBaby

No comments:

Post a Comment