Sunday, January 3, 2010

5th Happily Melancholic Song: Harmony To My Heartbeat by Sally Seltmann

Dreams They Come & Go, This Is One I've Had Forever I Know.

I don't know how Sally does it. She just writes a song with hope and happiness mixed with uncertainty and sadness. She's the Happily Melancholic Queen. I loved her work as New Buffalo and now she's releasing her next album with her real name. She may have changed her name but her music, lyrics, and vocals are still just as heavenly as before. She's mixed the sounds of piano and acoustic guitar (Main instruments used for the Somewhere, Anywhere album as New Buffalo) with her Casio keyboard and synth and lo-fi sounds (Main instruments for The Last Beautiful Day). She's grown so much since her first release About Last Night. I love this artist.


I've Found The Lock In The Key, Now I Can Be Everything I've Wanted To Be

Harmony to My Heartbeat from Sally Seltmann on Vimeo.

Harmony to My Heartbeat. Directed by Antuong Nguyen at

Moopjaw.


I've Got A Little Dream That's Become A Friend For The Melody
Here's Harmony To My Heartbeat by Sally Seltmann
I Hope This Song Makes You Feel Better About The New Year Like It Did For Me.
Thank God For Arts & Crafts.

No comments:

Post a Comment