Saturday, January 23, 2010

6th Happily Melancholic Song: It Doesn't Feel Like Christmas by Sam Phillips


I'm sure some of you have heard of Sam Phillips infamous Long Play deal she's got going on this year. Basically she's giving subscribers a year of free music for 52$! 5 Digital EPs, Bonus Tracks/Rarities, Outtakes, Blog, Journal, Radio Talk, and so much more. Plus, she's giving her subscribers a free full-length digital album of her upcoming album. Set to release this fall. I know that it's a little late to post a Christmas song. But, you know what, I was broke during Christmas so I couldn't subscribe. I subscribed Thursday night and I feel like I've gotten my money's worth. Sam Phillips are so generous. You know, I've noticed that it's usually women that offer their music for free more than men. That's why I check on my female artists before the males. They don't give you much unless it was promoted on TV. Then they'll start giving a song(s) away.
ANYWAYS................On with the song.
It Doesn't Feel Like Christmas makes me smile but makes me feel really sad at the same time because.....Well, if you ever watched Gilmore Girls and you heard Sam Phillips vocalizing to a melody. For example....

I love that la la.
Well the songs reminds me of Gilmore Girls which makes me happy. (You know, I sometimes think that the only reason why I really like Sam Phillips is because her voice reminds me of Gilmore Girls.) I miss that show. It was supposed to have 8 seasons, not 7! Anyways, the reason why it makes me so sad is because it reminds me that even though I had a good Christmas last year it'll be bad this year. I just feel it in my bones. Plus the lyrics are so sad and yet the vocals are so sweet. Especially the vocalizing parts. Sam Phillips really knows how to hit home sometimes.
Here's It Doesn't Feel Like Christmas By Sam Phillips

No comments:

Post a Comment